In Words

Dance For Me

"Dance for me," he cried, his voice loud and full of power.

I wanted to refuse the order. To tell him to go to Hell, but my feet started moving on their own. They delicately hopped over the ground, despite my willing them to stop. My whole body shook as I tried to fight it.

The light tinkle of music played around us in time to the dance my feet tapped out. My eyes widened with fear, I couldn't stop. I had no control of my body.

"Let me go," my voice cried. "Remove the spell."

"No little angel, you're mine now. My little dancer," he chuckled, stepping in and taking my hands, joining the dance.

There was nothing I could do to stop him. I found my hands grasping his, letting him lead me under his arm. His grip was firm and cold. Very cold. Like ice.

I'd never danced like this before. I'd never known I had these skills. Or did I? Was it all just the spell? I couldn't be sure.

Tears came to my eyes and trickled down my face, but still I couldn't stop or even slow. Every movement was perfect and precise. I couldn't make a mistake if I tried. Tears trickled off the end of my chin.

"I always said you were more talented, more beautiful than them all," he whispered in my ears. His voice went shivers through me. "And I was right." He stepped away, "come with me, dance for me."

I wanted to complain, yell that I'd never. But I would. I had no choice. I couldn't disobey an order.

My heart cried in agony. No one could save me now. I'd pushed everyone away, determined to save myself, and now I could do nothing but obey.

I'm sorry, my thoughts cried. I didn't mean it. I love you. I always have. Please come, save me from this monster. I need you. I sent the silent message out into the night, my heart full of fright.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment