In Words

Looking Past What People Say

I was the first person to look past what people said about you. Past the rumours and warnings. I'll admit all I saw was that bad boy. The one who liked to make a mess and leave it for others to clean up.
But then life threw us together. Forced us to get along. I had to look past everything. And that's when I found you. The real you.
The one who was broken and hurting. The one who cared deeply for his family. Who would risk everything for someone he loved.
You regret so much, but don't know how to fix what you've done. You need to move on, but can't.
I found the boy who loves animals, and seaside walks. The one who listens to classical music in the shower and goes on coffee dates with his mum.
Slowly you've opened up, let me into your life. Let me know who you are. And you're not what other people see. What I used to see.
None of it's true. People have the wrong idea about you. They blame you for what you haven't done. But you won't complain. You won't defend yourself.
No one knows you like I do. Life made us look past our first impressions of each other and we found love.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment