In Words

Too Afraid to Trust...Too Afraid to Love

Why do I feel so afraid? Does everyone feel like this when they fall in love? It's not that I don't trust you, but I've been let down too many times before. Too many people have been hurt.
I long to be around you. I yearn for your company when you're not around. I construct imaginary conversations in my head, telling you everything in my life.
The feeling of your touch sends electric shocks through my body. I can't help but smile at your jokes. I could listen to your voice for hours.
You always get so serious when you talk about us, it makes me nervous. You tell me you'll always be here for me. That you dream of a future together. Why do I feel so scared?
I can imagine life with you. Cooking your meals, waking up beside you, having your children. But to hear you talk about it makes me go silent.
Is this how everyone feels? Should I feel this way? Is it true love? Or simply nothing real at all?

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment