In Words

My Comfort

You slide into the seat next to me. I feel your hands softly brush away the tears from my cheeks.
"It will be okay," you whisper in my ear.
I turn a red stain face towards you. "How? Everything is broken? How do I fix it?"
You wrap an arm around my shoulders, "I didn't say you could. Some things can't be fixed, but that doesn't mean we won't get through them."
I sob harder. "I want things to go back to how they were. I want things to be perfect again."
You make soothing noises, rocking me back and forth. "It hurts. I know, but I'm here for you. I can't fix things, but I can be with you. We can face it together."
My breathing calms. I blow my nose. "Will I ever feel myself again?"
You consider this. "No, you will never be the same again. But you'll be even better. You'll overcome this and be stronger and braver than ever before. I believe in you."

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment